So I had my hair rebonded the other day. Well, my hair was originally healthy and straight. But it still tends to be messy. And everybody says that -.-” So I decided to have my hair rebonded. But I was a little “Unhappy” Just a little, that my hair still looks the same. Thinking that I just wasted money. Because my hair is straight already. But what I’m happy about is that it got thinner! Which is a good thing. And shinier. And a little bit longer because it got stretch. And overall, I’m happy about it 🙂
Hair rebonding tips!
- After a rebonding procedure, do not wet your hair for 3 days to let the chemicals soak in and make your rebond last. Just suck up the feeling that your hair gets greasy for a few days and avoid any parties for the moment. Avoid swimming after a rebond.
- After a rebonding procedure, do not tie your hair or put your hair behind your ears.
- After a rebonding procedure, when you sleep make sure your hair is straight and your head is not trapping your hair in a weird angle.
- After 3 days, wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner. Apply the conditioner at the tip of your hair for 5 minutes. Wash off your hair thoroughly of any residue.
- Use a deep conditioner or hair mask once a week. Use a leave-on conditioner or hair serum after towel drying your hair. Using a leave-on conditioner after washing will add shine and help provide the oil and moisture your hair has lost.
- Do not use any heated electric instruments, not even a hair dryer. If you need to dry your hair quickly and hair dryer is unavoidable then use on cold air function where it will only blow lots of air.
- Avoid using a brush since the movements may cause tension in the hair instead use a wide toothed comb.
- Don’t even think of any other chemical treatment after rebonding your hair, your stylist may recommend you for highlighting or any other service after a gap of 1 month or so but do not get carried away “STAY AWAY”. Once rebonded don’t think of doing anything to your hair for at least 6 months, not even a touch up.
- Oil and steam your hair every fifteen days. You can wrap a towel dipped in warm water, around your hair. This will deep condition your hair.
- If you need to iron your hair, use a ceramic flat iron. If you are going to blow-dry your hair, use an additional protein spray. It has substances that coat and protect the hair from heat, dirt and sun, while nourishing the hair at the same time.
- A balanced diet is very important include a lot of nuts, sprouts and red meat in your diet, your hair is made up of protein and to nourish it you need to feed it with the right food.
- Have your hair trimmed on a regular basis; every three months would be ideal. If your ends split, this split can travel along the hair shaft, causing damage further up. Do not hang on todamaged hair for the sake of its length.
So there you go, I hope you guys enjoyed and found this helpful 🙂
PS: After i wash my hair I’ll be showing you guys more hairtips 🙂
Credits to Wikihow